Most frequent questions and answers
This is a very very rare thing with Cobi. All parts bags are weighed in the factory before they go into the box. The scales are calibrated to detect the slightest margin from the preset weight of a properly filled bag. However we all know that nothing is foolproof…even us!. If you think you may be missing a part follow the recommended steps below:
- I’m sure you probably already did this but closely examine your assembly area. Many times a part may accidentally get kicked or misplaced during the excitement of opening bags of parts (especially if there is wrapping paper everywhere). You would be surprised how many times this has been the culprit of a missing piece.
- This is the step I hate to suggest but it usually solves the problem….disassemble what you’ve built in reverse order to see if you accidentally used the wrong piece somewhere else. Some Cobi elements look very similar to others and can sometimes be easily confused and used in the wrong place. I consider myself a seasoned brick builder and I still do this from time to time.
- Lastly, If all else fails and you still cannot locate the missing piece, You can order replacement pieces directly from Cobi at this URL:
https://cobi.pl/en/customer-service/missing-blocksMilitary Bricks does not warranty brick sets due to missing pieces. We will however soon be stocking a number of commonly requested pieces such as propellers.
Yes, Cobi’s instructions are similar to Lego however follow a layered approach to assembly. For example a step may require you to align several pieces together without anything to connect them in preparation for the next step that will connect them. It is recommended that you should have a flat stable surface for these steps. Here are a few tips for a successful build:
- If you have a large set, do not open all the bags at once. Follow the instructions as to which bag of parts you should open at what stage of the assembling process.
- After opening a bag of pieces, sort them into like piles. This process helps you not only find the pieces easier but also helps you closely identify them to keep similar ones form accidentally getting mixed up and used in a wrong step of the process.
- Take your time and watch closely. Some larger sets can be complex and require a little study along the way to ensure you don’t miss anything.
If you would like to pick up your order locally you may do so at the UPS Store located at 541 S Willow Ave. Cookeville TN. Please print off a copy or present your order via your device to the staff at the UPS Store. If you do not have a copy of the order or can not display it, you may be asked for proof of ID. You will be asked to sign a copy of the packing slip to show that you received the order.
You have 5 days to pick up your order. Please contact us if you anticipate not being able to pick up your order within 5 days or if you have a specific later date you would like us to drop it off. Orders typically are dropped off the same business day but on occasion may take one or two. We will send you an email to let you know that your order is ready for pickup.
The local pick-up option will not show as an option until you begin the check-out process. Be sure to enter your full address including your zip code to enable the local pick-up option.
Local pick-up is available to zip codes within an approximate 60-mile radius of Cookeville TN. If you are outside of this approved radius and would like to use the local pick-up option, please contact us, and will be happy to help you with this process.
When you select your products you have the option to select which shipping method you prefer. Orders will typically be processed within one business day. Most economy shipping options are 3 to 4 days depending on your location. If you want to ship to Canada and are having trouble getting a rate in the checkout, please contact us and we will send you a shipping quote. If you need your set shipped quicker or have a preference in carriers, we have included several faster options for you to choose from in the cart.
We will accept returns on any product if it has been unopened and arrives in its original package and condition when it was sent out. If the item to be returned is being returned as a result of a mistake on behalf of Military Bricks, we will pay for the return shipping and shipping of any exchanged item back to you. Military bricks is not responsible for any delays in shipping on behalf of carriers. Returns will not be accepted for alleged missing parts. If you feel that you are missing parts please vist Cobi directly at https://cobi.pl/en/customer-service/missing-blocks/ to order replacements.
Discontinued sets are sets that Cobi has quit producing and are no longer available however are still in stock on our site and available for you to purchase. Decommissioned sets are sets that Cobi has discontinued and are no longer in stock or available to purchase on our site.
As Cobi cycles its production to make room for new products, they assess the market response to each set it produces. Often; at a later date, Cobi will re-design to improve a popular discontinued set and release it later. Make sure you are signed up for our newsletter to stay up to date on the new sets to be released.